TEK launches a new service concept in Tampere
TEK is launching a brand new service concept at the Tampere University of Technology (TUT) campus in Hervanta.
The new TEK Lounge multifunctional space has been created to suit the needs of TEK’s members. The opening of the workspace will be held on Tuesday 21 November from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. All are welcome to attend.
– Our members are the strength of TEK. We want to be increasingly present in the places where our members are. Our goal is to help and support our members in the various stages and events of their studies and working life. This makes TEK Lounge a fantastic addition alongside our other popular services, summarises Marjo Matikainen-Kallström, Chairman of the Board at TEK.
What would you like to do at TEK Lounge?
You can come to TEK Lounge to spend a remote workday or take a break between lectures, for example. TEK members are also free to hold various events in the space, from startup and guild meetings to training and recruitment events.
In addition, TEK uses the Lounge to hold its own events, where you can go to meet TEK’s experts. If you’re looking for career coaching, help with your job search, legal advice or salary counselling, TEK Lounge is the right address.
– Above all, we want to give our members the freedom to make use of the space for their own purposes. The goal is to offer an effective networking platform and create opportunities for spontaneous encounters, as these often lead to fruitful cooperation, emphasizes Jari Jokinen, Head of Unit at TEK.
The space is a service concept pilot.
– Once the activities are under way and we have gained more experience, we aim to broaden the idea for instance to other technical university campuses and elsewhere, Jokinen continues.
A flexible, laid-back space
TEK Lounge was designed by interior architect Ilkka Palinperä. According to Palinperä, the goal was to create a comfortable and laid-back space that is inviting and memorable.
– The starting point for the design was the fact that the space should be as flexible as possible, suitable for a movie night, group work and everything in between. This has been taken into account in all aspects of the design, from the furniture to the colour schemes and lighting.
– The space has high bar stools and tables, but also low beanbag chairs. There is also furniture and equipment for effective meetings and group work.
In addition, Palinperä explains that the design takes into account how TEK Lounge can be expanded outside of the physical space in connection with events.
– The goal is to enable the idea of the space to move beyond the space itself when necessary.” For example, there are info carts that can easily be moved around, along with other furnishings.
(The article continues after the picture.)
How to book TEK Lounge for your event
TEK members can reserve TEK Lounge free of charge starting from 27 November 2017: